Position: Coordinator, Academic Office
Employment Type: Full-time, Exempt
Reports to: Manager, Academic Office
EdReports.org is at the forefront of the curriculum reform movement. By increasing the capacity of educators to identify and demand the highest quality curriculum, EdReports.org is both disrupting a multibillion-dollar market and transforming the way students are taught and ultimately perform. With the firm belief that what is taught matters and that all students deserve high quality materials, EdReports.org publishes free, online, evidence-rich reviews of instructional materials.
Purpose of Position
The Coordinator, Academic Office reports to the Manager, Academic Office and performs various tasks in support of the organization. This position will be responsible for supporting the key functions of the Academic Office and working with Academic Office staff to ensure efficient operation of the office. This position provides a unique opportunity for an independent thinker who is highly detail-oriented, enjoys working with internal and external stakeholders at all levels, and wants to contribute to the success of a growing organization.
Academic Office Support – 80%
- Maintain systems and processes through which the teams can effectively and efficiently communicate and collaborate internally.
- Support team members to use central knowledge management systems (e.g., Salesforce, TaskRay, SmartSheet) by being resource to teammates and collaborating across teams to ensure smooth coordination between departments to align with overall organization goals.
- Gather, input, and interpret data to ensure accuracy of both data and reporting.
- Work with Academic Managers to update and maintain data in Salesforce for purposes of aiding report creation, dashboard development, and materials procurement.
- Coordinate and calendar meetings of the collective Academic Office (e.g. listening tours, partner meetings, advisory panels, publisher meetings, and other events that require attendance of more than one content area director/team and/or are meetings with multiple external academic experts).
- Support the development and maintenance of cohesive policies, procedures, and practices.
- Collaborate across office to ensure smooth coordination between teams to implement policies and procedures that align with overall organization goals.
- Support effective facilitation of meetings and other events by coordinating, scheduling, ensuring participant readiness (e.g., agendas, pre-readings, file structures, identified responsibilities), taking notes, and providing follow-up/next steps.
- Assist in the coordination of planning and logistics for events such as training, retreats, sequesters, tool development meetings, etc.
- Track and assist execution of reviewer, consultant, and other contracts for materials review.
- Track and assist with logging of vendor and consultant invoices for relevant Academic Office work.
Instructional Materials Shipping - 15%
- Directly receive physical shipments of instructional materials purchased for review.
- Ability to confidentially handle personal information of EdReports staff and reviewers.
- Unbox, inventory, and verify receipt of instructional materials purchased for review.
- Re-box instructional materials according to directions from Academic Managers.
- Create and print shipping labels on FedEx website and maintain tracking information.
- Physically transport FedEx boxes to nearest FedEx shipping facility on or before the date specified by the content team.
- Collaborate with Operations team to track costs and provide budget detail.
Travel – Up to 5%
- National travel will occur, as needed, and will be related to the above referenced key responsibilities. Amount of travel will be monitored to ensure it is appropriate for both the organization and the Coordinator.
- Passion for EdReports’ mission and vision and our core values and commitment to Diversity, Belonging, Inclusion, and Equity;
- A minimum of three years of professional experience in administrative support or similar role (educational or nonprofit setting preferred);
- A minimum of three years of professional experience in coordinating multi-level projects or similar role;
- Demonstrated record of strong written and verbal communication with various audiences;
- Experience with data management, particularly with supporting multiple staff;
- Experience managing internal and external scheduling;
- Fluent in online platforms (MS Office suite and Google Suite, required. Smartsheet and Salesforce, preferred); and
- Bachelor's degree preferred, but not required.
- We offer a highly competitive benefits package for eligible employees that includes PTO, prorated to start date, of 4 weeks of vacation per calendar year, 3 personal days, and unlimited sick time; medical, dental, and vision insurance; short and long-term disability insurance; life insurance; 401(k) retirement plan, a whole host of ancillary benefits, and thirteen (13) paid holidays.
- The range for this position is $50,000 - $65,000 annually. At EdReports, in setting a final offer for a position, we consider the experience and skill of the candidates while striving to maintain equity in our compensation bands. For this and other reasons, our salary offers are non-negotiable.
We Value All Voices
- EdReports is committed to equal-employment principles, and we recognize the value of committed employees who feel they are being treated in an equitable and professional manner. We strive to find ways to attract, develop, and retain the talent needed to meet business objectives, and to recruit and employ highly qualified individuals representing the diverse communities in which we live, work, and serve. As such, all employment decisions at EdReports are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.